Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder. This means that the immune system is misinterpreting normal information as the enemy. In the case of psoriasis this is the skin. Autoimmune disorders are reversible. This causes red, raised plaque to form on the surface on skin and attacks it., which can be both irritating and embarrassing. Psoriasis usually comes and goes in cycles over the course of someone’s life, often causing scaly, uncomfortable skin flare-ups at times when immune function is low or stress levels are high. It’s believed to affect greater than 3 percent of the population — or more than 5 million adults at any time.
Doctors normally use medications and prescription creams to help lower the appearance of red psoriasis patches on the skin, but these don’t actually solve the underlying problem or autoimmune condition itself. Below the skin’s surface, psoriasis can cause skin cells to multiply at a very rapid pace, sometimes up to 100 times faster than in someone who doesn’t have psoriasis. This causes a high amount of skin cells to eventually reach the outer layer of the skin and die off on the surface (as all aged skin cells do), leaving behind a raised, red plaque covered with white/silver scales.
The Most Common Psoriasis Symptoms
Plaque psoriasis is the most common type of this condition, but there are also several other forms of psoriasis. All types cause discomfort in the skin in one way or another, although when symptoms first appear and which parts of the body they impact most depend on the specific form on psoriasis. Psoriasis symptoms appear on the skin of the knees, elbows and scalp most often. Less frequently some people also develop psoriasis symptoms on their stomach, back, hands and feet.
There are several forms of psoriasis, all of which have their own hallmark symptoms:(4)
• Plaque psoriasis (the most common form): causes red, scaly skin patches. Compared to other forms of psoriasis, plaque psoriasis tends to develop even if someone wasn’t severely ill beforehand or suffering from any noticeable autoimmune disorder symptoms.
• Nail or scalp psoriasis: affects the nail beds and head, causing dryness and detached nails
• “Mild psoriasis”: causes less severe psoriasis symptoms than other forms and might be mistaken for eczema or even dandruff. This type of psoriasis is usually the most receptive to remedies using natural skin care products.
• “Severe psoriasis”: a term usually given to painful forms of psoriasis including postular and guttate psoriasis
• Postular psoriasis: causes puss-filled, inflamed blisters on the skin that are usually painful
• Inverse psoriasis: bright red, shiny lesions that appear in areas where skin folds (including the armpits, groin and under the breasts)
• Erythrodermic psoriasis: causes the red skin scales to peel off in “sheets,” which can lead to severe sunburns or infections when someone is not careful about protecting skin or leaves it untreated. This type is usually caused by a withdrawal effect after stopping psoriasis medications.
• Guttate psoriasis: the type most common among children and teens. This usually causes small red bumps or patches that can be triggered by low immune function, stress, or infections, such as strep throat and tonsillitis.
The most common symptoms of psoriasis, especially those seen in people with plaque psoriasis, include:
• plaques of red skin, sometimes also covered with a crust of scales that tend to be silver or white
• loose skin or lesions that can be sensitive, itchy and painful
• dandruff on the scalp
• cracked, discolored skin that easily bleeds and bruises
• discoloration in the finger and toenails or growth of toenail fungus
• nails that detach from the nail beds and can be painful or bloody
• many people with psoriasis also suffer from emotional problems due to feeling embarrassed and hopeless about their skin (6)
Other than plaque psoriasis, additional psoriasis symptoms can result from other form of psoriasis, including:
• joint pain and inflammation — common among psoriatic arthritis and affects about 10 percent to 30 percent of people with any form psoriasis
• severe plaque, scales and pain in the hands and feet — most common among people with pustular psoriasis
• worsened immune function — psoriasis can contribute to reoccuring infections, slow skin healing and permaent damage to the skin
• other symptoms common among people with autoimmune disorders, like digestive complaints, brain fog and allergies
Autoimmune Disease reversible?
Until Recently, We Thought Autoimmune Disease Wasn't Reversible
We're just beginning to understand why the immune system would attack healthy tissue... and in the beginning, we used to think that autoimmune diseases couldn't be reversed once the immune condition "turned on."
However, the latest evolution in autoimmune research indicates there might be another way...
Researcher Alessio Fasano, M.D. has been on the forefront of recent autoimmune and Celiac Disease research. In 2011, he published a paper titled "Leaky Gut and Autoimmune Diseases" introducing a new theory that suggests prevention and reversal of autoimmune disease is possible.
1. Environmental and endogenous toxicity
evolution of research implicating leaky gut as the key element to the development of autoimmune diseases like MS
2. A genetic predisposition to autoimmunity (it is now known our genes respond to our internal and external environment.)
3. An exposure to the environmental trigger or allergies (in Celiac Disease - that's gluten)
4. Increased Intestinal Permeability (Leaky Gut)
Fasano's theory is part of the new begins to open the idea that we might be able to ACTUALLY turn off the autoimmune response in the body if we start with the gut.
How to Turn Off Your Autoimmune Disease
By addressing the underlying root cause of Autoimmune disease we can help switch off the exaggerated immune response
• Identify the underlying genetic susceptibility, stress, infection, environmental toxicity and eliminate it
• Identify any triggers or allergies and remove them
• Identify nutritional deficiency and rebalance them
• Identify hormone balance and take steps to tackle oestrogen dominance if necessary.
• Heal Leaky Gut
• Address Gut Flora
• Balance the immune system.
• Reduce inflammation using nutrients supplementation
• Use specific nutrients to target the area which has been attacked by the immune system.
• Address any emotional or psychological factors which may be exacerbating the immune response ( self-esteem issues)
The Health Transformer Approach
In every case of Osteoporosis there is an underlying cause…something individual to each person. If at one time you didn’t have these symptoms and now do, obviously something has changed in your system in order that these symptoms have been produced. Osteoporosis is merely a symptom of the underlying cause. To treat Osteoporosis effectively
5 Step Protocol
1. Detect (In-Depth Evaluation & Advanced Testing)
2. Detox (Heavy Metals, Chemicals, Hydrocarbons, Bleaches, EMF)
3. Eliminate (Pathogens…virus, post virus, bacteria, parasites, fungi)
4. Rebuild (Tissues & Pathways)
5. Rebalance organs (kidneys, liver, etc.)
The 5 Steps to Restoring Health Protocol had been developed following many years of research and experience and utilizes food, nutritional supplements, herbal and energetic formula
The Meta Health Scan is carried out utilizing the amazing diagnostic ability of Clinical Kinesiology. It is reliable, accurate and reproducible. The scan will reveal the imbalances unique to your body, and how these are affecting you. The scan reveals such issues as endogenous bio-toxicity, nutrient imbalances or deficiencies, sub-clinical infections, allergies and food sensitivities. We also test for organ imbalances, hormone imbalance, and leaky gut. Any abnormality in these areas will easily be picked up during the Health Scan. We also examine your entire lifestyle, sleep quality and any emotional/psychological contributors to your condition.
In-Depth Consultation regarding your results.
Once this information is gathered we offer you an in-depth consultation to discuss your results, during which we discuss what has been revealed by the scan, where and how this has arisen, and how to remove or transform it, and reboot your system. I believe it is very important for each person to understand what has been going on in their body, how the condition has developed, and how to unravel and resolve it naturally. My intention is not just to teach you about your condition, but more importantly to empower you with understanding in order that you are able to take back control of your health.
Individually tailored Treatment Plan
Together we create an individualized tailored treatment plan for you. This may include some or all of there: a gentle detoxification protocol, dietary changes, specific supplements, life style changes, exercise, etc tailored to your specific needs. In the majority of cases treatment can be implemented by you at home without the need for repeated visits to the centre; however Health Coaching and support is built in to this package to assist you through your treatment.
Once on the prescribed treatment, some clients choose to support their system with other therapies toastiest healing. This is not essential but will speed up your progress. These include;
all of which are on offer at this centre.
I am delighted to be able to report that the results our client’s achieve with this approach are outstanding and lasting in the vast majority of cases.