Depression and the Gut/Brain link
All Mental Health Issues Start in the GUT
Recent research has demonstrated that Mental Health issues such as depression, anxiety, OCD, schizophrenia, manic depression, bipolar disorder, autism, ADHD, ADD, learning difficulties and Alzheimer’s have all been linked to gut function. A gut which is compromised in any way will affect our mental health.
The term "depression" covers the whole range of negative human experience from “feeling blue” to terrifying anxiety and suicidal despair, as well as physical symptoms ranging from flu-like aches and pains to a sense of profound tiredness. Depression tends to leave people feeling very cut off from the rest of humanity. The stigma which traditionally surrounds “mental illness” makes the sense of misery even worse and stops many people from seeking help. But depression is not anyone’s fault; it is a recognized illness which can be effectively treated in a whole range of ways.
The bacteria, fungi, viruses and other microorganisms that comprise your body’s micro flora actually outnumber your body’s cells 10 to 1, and it’s now becoming increasingly clear that these tiny organisms play a MAJOR role in your health—both physical and mental.
Fixing the symptoms of depression only offers a short-term solution. If the cause is not discovered and corrected, depression may return again and again. At HRC we’ve seen a parade of people with different causes of their depression. The following represents the most common reasons for the depressions we test for and treat (Note that none of these have been caused by a shortage of drugs):
• Neuro-transmitter depletion of norepinephrine or serotonin
• Essential fatty acid imbalances in the brain
• Vitamin and mineral deficiencies or dependencies
• Hypothyroidism, (including Hashimotos/thyroiditis) disease
• Excessive sugar and caffeine use (i.e., hypoglycemia)
• Brain allergy reactions to foods, and cerebral sensitivities to airborne chemicals
• Systemic buildup of fungal molds, candida yeast
• Histadelia (abnormally elevated histamine)
• Buildup of heavy metals in the brain (e,g, cadmium, lead, copper)
• Brain damage from alcohol or drugs, prescribed or otherwise
So how do we develop gut dysbiosis?
The Health Transformer Approach
In every case of depression there is an underlying cause…something individual to each person. If at one time you didn’t have these symptoms and now you do, obviously something has changed in your system to produce these symptoms. The key question is "what". To treat depression effectively and naturally we need to address the root cause. In the majority of cases this can be detected in one session. We offer a unique diagnostic tool which will reveal the underlying root cause of your depression. In this centre we specialize in root cause diagnosis of any health condition using our state of the art Meta Health Scan.
The Meta Health Scan is carried out utilizing the amazing diagnostic ability of Clinical Kinesiology. It is reliable, accurate and reproducible. The scan will reveal the imbalances unique to your body, and how these are affecting you. The scan reveals such issues as endogenous bio-toxicity, nutrient imbalances or deficiencies, sub-clinical infections, allergies and food sensitivities. We also test for organ imbalances, hormone imbalance, and leaky gut. Any abnormality in these areas will easily be picked up during the Health Scan. We also examine your entire lifestyle, sleep quality and any emotional/psychological contributors to your condition.
5 Step Protocol
1. Detect (In-Depth Evaluation & Advanced Testing)
2. Detox (Heavy Metals, Chemicals, Hydrocarbons, Bleaches, EMF)
3. Eliminate (Pathogens…virus, post virus, bacteria, parasites, fungi)
4. Rebuild (Tissues & Pathways)
5. Rebalance organs (kidneys, liver, etc.)
The 5 Steps to Restoring Health Protocol had been developed following many years of research and experience and utilizes food, nutritional supplements, herbal and energetic formula
In-Depth Consultation regarding your results
Once this information is gathered we offer you an in-depth consultation to discuss your results, during which we discuss what has been revealed by the scan, where and how this has arisen, and how to remove or transform it, and reboot your system. I believe it is very important for each person to understand what has been going on in their body, how the condition has developed, and how to unravel and resolve it naturally. My intention is not just to teach you about your condition, but more importantly to empower you with understanding in order that you are able to take back control of your health.
Individually tailored Treatment Plan
Together we create an individualized tailored treatment plan for you. This may include some or all of there: a gentle detoxification protocol, dietary changes, specific supplements, life style changes, exercise, etc tailored to your specific needs. In the majority of cases treatment can be implemented by you at home without the need for repeated visits to the centre; however Health Coaching and support is built in to this package to assist you through your treatment.
By addressing the underlying root cause we can help reverse the mechanism which leads to mental health issues
Mental Health Protocol
• Identify the underlying genetic susceptibility, stress, infection, environmental toxicity and eliminate it
• Identify any triggers or allergies and remove them
• Identify nutritional deficiency and re-balance them
• Identify hormone balance and take steps to tackle estrogen dominance if necessary.
• Heal Leaky Gut
• Address Gut Flora
• Balance the immune system.
• Address hydrochloric acid deficiency
• Address any emotional or psychological factors which may be exacerbating the emotional response ( self-esteem issues)
Using this protocol in my practice we have had amazing success with numerous clients with conditions ranging from Depression, Anxiety, bipolar disorder, stress, foggy brain, forgetfulness, OCD, manic depression and even schizophrenia.
and NLP coaching…all of which are on offer at this centre.
I am delighted to be able to report that the results our client’s achieve with this approach are outstanding and lasting in the vast majority of cases.
If you would like help to heal your mental health and hugely benefiting your wellbeing, please contact Linda on 02866328200
Depression linked to inflammation and diet