What is a Shaman?
Quotation by don Oscar Miro-Quesada
“A Shaman is one who develops a personal and intimate relationship with the unseen world for the purpose of being of service as a healer. This relationship is cultivated experientially by self-induced altered states of consciousness, ritual, ceremony and refined energetic awareness.
Shamanism is not a religion. It is a spiritual practice grounded in a reverent awareness that the world is animated, conscious and energetically interdependent.
1. Everything is alive (animation/vitalism)
Everything manifests a physical form from the same animated essence. The shaman attends to this essence.
2. Everything is conscious (vigilant/observation) Everything watches us. The world is mirrored within us. The shaman learns to be a visionary observer.
3. Everything is interconnected (relationship/reciprocity) Everything responds to and is in interdependent relationship with everything else. The shaman is a mediator of these interconnections and interdependent relationships
4. Everything transforms (movement/change) Matter is the dence form of spirit. Spirit is the subtle form of matter. Everything is in vibrational flux. The shaman is an agent of change.
5. Everything responds to focused attention (mindful attention) Proper intention and purity of motive are indispensable for all heart felt shamanic practice.
The shaman’s task is to come into right relationship and reverent connection with the seen and unseen worlds so as to mediate between worlds on behalf of the individual or community.”
Over tens of thousands of years, our ancient ancestors all over the world discovered how to maximize human abilities of mind and spirit for healing and problem-solving. The remarkable system of methods they developed is today known as "shamanism”. Shamans are a type of medicine man or woman especially distinguished by the use of journeys to hidden worlds otherwise mainly known through myth, dream, and near-death experiences. Most commonly they do this by entering an altered state of consciousness using monotonous percussion sound.
Shamanic Healnig...the meeting of Ancient Wisdom, New Biology and Quantum Physics
- Restore your rightful power and sense of value.
- Address any ailment passed down to you from one generation to the next-and heal disease before it appears in the body.¨
- Heal and awaken your “body of light” using the philosophy of the medicine wheel; an ancient map that has four steps to explore consciousness, transformation, and healing-so you become a person of knowledge, a healer, a sage.¨
- Use a “mesa” to transform heavy toxic energies back into light and set yourself free from pain and trauma.
- Hone your intuition by hearing spirit calling you through the voice of wind, river, grass, trees, birds, and all mother earth-and the wisdom it is sharing with you.
- Live in harmony with the earth so you enter into a healing relationship with your self plus feel nurtured, reconnected, sustained and supported by mother earth.
- Loose your fear of death and start living fully, now, without the shadow of death following you around every day.
- Work with and cleanse your nine chakras-the anatomy of the luminous energy field.
- Wash away toxins from your body you have energetically absorbed through the day to keep your immune system in optimal health and keep you in proper relationship with your essential self.
- Pray peace, and become peace in the world¨
- Sustain your health, and increase your longevity, and return to health and wellness-with the nurture from your source.
- Heal emotional wounds, recover lost soul parts that have gravitated away from you in times of trauma and pain, and bring back that energy to restore health, and emotional wellbeing.¨• See your destiny in the future and know what will happen tomorrow…and enter each day with a new freshness.¨
- Honor your parents, grandparents, and ancestors with an alter to learn valuable life lessons from them,-and resolve any issues you have with them¨• Practice stillness even in the midst of the busiest day, knowing that you can stop time, and are not possessed by time. Learn to live in the timeless now.¨
- Call upon the four directions of the medicine wheel to open up a sacred space-much like the sacred space in a church or temple, for your healing work on self and family.¨You can achieve all of this, and SO much more
- Journeying-a trance-like state induced by the use of repetitive percussion. This entrains the brain waves into theta, and gives us access to the other dimensions to seek guidance and healing for self and others.
- Soul retrieval-journeying to find lost soul parts, and restore them back to their rightful owner.¨
- Transpersonal counselling to help interpret your personal guidance¨• Extraction work-removing negative imprints in the auric field to restore physical and emotional healing
- Healing the past-journeying into the past to receive learning’s which heal pest issues, in this life, or past lives.¨• Healing the future-journeying into the future to heal damage done in this life so it will not reincarnate again
- Cutting ties-journeying to remove the energetic imprint of destructive relationships causing you hurt and anger in your past, which continue to hold us back in the present, and clearing the auric field to regain wholeness¨• Journey into your heart to discover your own beauty, wholeness, and the contribution you can make to the collective soul of humanity